Friday, June 29, 2012

Buckets and David Cook


I had to do some reading today about strategic vs. tactical planning in a business environment.
It is, or should be obvious that the reading I am speaking of is not “light” reading. It is reading
I have to do for a pre-session meeting for the Master’s program I am taking…So…this is pre-reading for a pre-session class! But I digress….
Strategic vs. Tactical planning…is the same as saying long-range vs. shorter range planning or, possibly another way to put it is Bucket Lists vs. those lists you make up daily or weekly and put on your IPhone so that you can jog your memory as to what needs to be accomplished on a short term basis….
I think those lists need a moniker, a real name, something other than “ those lists I keep on my IPhone so I can jog my memory as to what the heck it was I am supposed to do today!”
I have the answer.
“Pail List”…after all, a pail is substantially smaller than a bucket. It carries much less weight, and is still a method of conveying a list of things that need to be accomplished!
My “Pail List” consisted of ten items today, almost evenly divided between tasks that must be accomplished to improve the homestead, and tasks that need to be accomplished for my own benefit….
Up to this point, I have marked off/deleted nine of the ten items…I think that is a pretty good accomplishment for one day, and the day is not over yet.
Pail List. Brief, and to the point…I think I like it.

David Cook, in his latest album “This Loud Morning” is really dynamic, and is exactly what I like to listen to:
Old-school rock with really good lyrics, musicianship, and vocals. I did not know that he had been an American Idol winner…I don’t watch T.V. either. I guess that would make it hard to know that fact, though.
A real critic reviewed his album here. I like it!
Oh yes… the tenth item on my pail list was to write about a pail list on my blog…..
Done!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I never get everything on my "pail lists" done. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete