Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I promised to share some of what I write with you. Here is an example I call it " The Night Sky"

 
When I was younger, I lived on an isolated island in Alaska.I would walk to the top of
a very high hill on that lonely island. A thousand miles from nowhere,
no city lights, no noise, no people. I could let myself go. I could stare at the million stars
and wonder how many of those had planets, how many beings were laying on mountain
tops looking at their stars, wondering exactly the same thing. I did not doubt God. He
created the earth I live on.
I created the world I live in. I truly believe that.
I wish we could talk about that. I wish we could gaze, together, in silence, at the
million white-hot holes in the velvet black sky. Wondering all the while what is
to be done by us in the short time we have left here on earth. To realize our insignificance
is to realize our individual greatness.
We each have a purpose. We all have a destiny, obviously, we can change our
destination, we cannot change the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment