Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Starting Week Two

I have filled out all the requisite paperwork in order to receive unemployment insurance payments; but I truly hope I'll not receive many weekly payments. I hope to rejoin the ranks of the employed soon. I am not without hope, but realistically and statistically speaking, a snowball has a better chance in....well you get the idea.
I went to one of those temp places, and had bad vibes from the beginning about it. After taking an "abilities" test which included such mind- wrenching mathematical problems as " you have 270 identical packages. Nine packages will fit in a box. How many boxes will it take.....etc." I kid you not!...Then they wanted me to take a clerical test...10 key, typing speed,spelling, dictation....I balked and talked to the receptionist; this was elevated to some second-level interviewer person who explained "All people applying for IT positions must take a clerical exam." Before I declared that I will not be applying there again, I asked " May I see a copy of your exclusivity agreement?" The interviewer looked shocked. "We won't have you sign that until after the interview"
he responded. I asked them to return all the paperwork I just filled out, as it contained some personal information that I did not wish them to have; and I left.
An exclusivity agreement says that if you get a job anywhere within the designated time period (usually three to six months after signing the agreement), any job you take, whether they found it or not, would indebit  you to them for a fair sum of money...usually 10% of your first six months earnings!....Never again will I go to one of those places.
I am going to look into every avenue I can think of...but in the mean time, I think I'll post a few of my writings here to see if more than 13 people per week will read this blog...if anybody would like to comment, feel free to post any (constructive) ideas....
Thanks,
Brokerichard

Ps...if any one wants me to continue the first article I posted, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment